Xylitol-Sugar Free Candy now at Summer For Kids
Summer For Kids is introducing new addition to our CANDY CORNER: XYLITOL CANDY, CHOCOLATES, TUFFY, CARAMEL and GUM!
Xylitol is a safe and delicious, naturally-occurring sugar substitute that can help prevent cavities, plaque build-up and more. Xylitol is found widely in nature extracted from a variety of fruits and vegetables and birch bark. Xylitol can be used by everyone—infants, children, adults, and the elderly.
The Health Benefits of Xylitol include the following:
- Reduction of dental cavities by up to 80% by easy removal of cavity causing bacteria helps fluoride penetrate teeth, assists in the re-mineralization of damaged tooth enamel (xylitol stops the cavity-causing bacteria from growing and significantly reduces the risk of cavity formation)
- Increases salivary flow
- Improvement of your oral health which has been shown to improve your overall health
- Reduction of cavities in children whose mothers consumed Xylitol when expectant or shortly after delivery
- Prevention of white lines and swollen gums when wearing braces
- Reduction of ear infections up to 40%
- Can help reduce the amount of insulin required to regulate blood-sugar levels in diabetics. Xylitol has a glycemic index of 7 (is slowly absorbed and metabolized), which means it does not raise blood sugar to a very large extent, so diabetics eating Xylitol require little or no insulin due to the smaller change in blood glucose. For this reason xylitol is safe for diabetics ( under physician supervision)
While Xylitol is just as sweet as table sugar (sucrose), it has about 40% fewer calories and 75% fewer carbohydrates.
- How much xylitol to consume? A common consensus seems to be between 6 and 10 grams of xylitol (or three to five servings) per day.
- Side effects: Some studies have shown that consuming excessive amounts more than 45 grams per day for children and more than 100 grams for adults can, in some cases, cause diarrhea.
XYLITOL is NATURAL SUGAR, THAT IS GOOD FOR YOUR HEALTH!
SimplyXylitol® is a line of delicious treats created by Dr. John, a dentist, using the revolutionary natural sweetener, Xylitol. Xylitol provides tremendous health benefits as validated by hundreds of scientific studies.
Our Xylitol Candy:
- Are made from ALL NATURAL ingredients
- Contain fewer calories than equivalent sugar treats
- May reduce the risk of tooth decay
- May reduce the incidence of ear infections
- Are gluten free
- has Fabulous taste!
To understand sugars. Types of Sweeteners
- Nutritive Sweeteners provide calories to the diet at about four calories per gram, similar to the normal carbohydrate we obtain from food. Examples of nutritive sweeteners include white and brown table sugars and molasses, honey and syrups. In addition, sugar alcohols derived from fruits or commercially made are also nutritive sweeteners.
- The most common sugar alcohols include: sorbitol, mannitol, xylitol and maltitol.
- Nonnutritive sweeteners are the true artificial sweeteners. They do not provide calories and will not influence blood glucose. These include: saccharin, neotame, aspartame, sucralose, stevia and acesulfame potassium (Ace-K)
* While xylitol consumption is safe in people, dogs can develop serious, even life-threatening, signs from xylitol ingestion. just like chocolate and grapes, xylitol is fatal for dogs.
pediatric dentistry-conference 2006